I have no real form or narrative here, but I need to get that food issues post off the top of my blog because WOW am I sick of looking at it, and so it is time to talk about good things. Happy things! Things I'm thankful for. You know the drill.
1. I was invited to dinner/drinks at my friend Jenn's house last Saturday night where I got to meet her interns, who were all adorable and lovely and I wanted to keep them, but alas, I have my own interns (who are also lovely, for the record). We were just planning on having dinner (and wine) and watching fireworks (and drinking wine), but somehow we ended up going out until past three in the morning and then I remembered why I don't usually hang out with 21 year olds. Ow.
2. Sunday I got to see my "little sister" (actually a neighbor to my parents whom I used to babysit), which positively made my day. I love that kid so much. She's been living with my inlaws for a few weeks while she does her internship (she is going to school to be a physical therapist), and this is the first I've been able to see her since she's been living in the same state as me, and it was awesome. If I could convince her to move to Chicago and live with me, I totally would. I love that these kids that I used to babysit (I'm including her brother in this too) have grown up into these awesome PEOPLE that I still like hanging out with just because they are that awesome, you know? From tiny little babies to friends. Awww. I love them.
3. Tomorrow I leave for my 26th annual Fisher family reunion, which will be loads of fun as always. My family is completely insane, in a good way, and hanging out in a campground for a few days while chatting and drinking and eating our weight in snacks is going to be super fun.
4. So You Think You Can Dance is back, and I love it as much as ever. Travis (my choreographer boyfriend) had two dances last night, and they were lovely as always. It blows my mind that artsy people like that can choreograph multiple dances like that in a week. I feel like those things should take months or something. Gorgeous. Now if only I can see some Nappytabs dances soon! A girl can hope.
5. I have been watching an inordinate amount of Ghost Hunters reruns on Sy-Fy lately, and it is making me want to buy ghost equipment and go out ghost hunting myself. I've loved sciencey-ghost stuff since forever (I read my way through the 131.--- in the library by like age 10), but somehow I had never seen this show until a few months ago. It looks like next season will be season eight, so clearly I have a lot of reruns to make it through. I don't so much mind watching five episodes in a row right before bed, mostly because then I up my chances of dreaming about my Ghost Hunters boyfriend Steve. We're totally in love, he just doesn't know it. Don't worry, my wife is fine with it.