I'm participating in this currently, and decided this time to maybe try to be a little helpful to whomever gets my name and post a bunch of random things about me. Otherwise this blog is mostly about Simon, which is way cuter, but less helpful for this purpose. So! It's all about me today. Feel free to come back in a week when I'll have Simon's 18 month post up. (!!)
1. Nail polish makes me feel claustrophobic.
2. I like lotion and put it on 1,000 times a day in the winter
3. I spend much of my free time reading on my Kindle or playing old Game Cube games on my Wii.
4. My iPhone is rarely out of arm's reach.
5. My favorite color is purple, or anything in the green-blue-purple end of the rainbow.
6. I fidget a lot and don't sit still well. I fold origami flowers out of paper napkin rings at restaurants to keep my hands busy.
7. 99% of all jewelry I wear is silver/white gold, not yellow gold.
8. I don't drink coffee, but I love hot chocolate.
9. My new winter coat is bright red.
10. I love salty snacks, except not nuts.
11. I like frogs. Not real ones, decorations or prints on fabric and best of all toddler clothes. He prefers Sesame Street.
12. I have Food Network on in the background when I'm cooking/cleaning/computing/etc. All the cooking shows for me.
13. I like to color or do puzzle books while I watch TV.
14. I believe it is important to always have an emergency brownie mix in the house. (edges forever!)
15. I work crazy hours at work Feb 1 - April 15 and pretty much live at work/in front of my computer. It is not a happy time of year.
16. I like pretty kitchen things - new rags/towels/clever spatulas/etc. make me happy.
17. Lately I like fruit-flavored candy more than chocolate. I think Christmas over-chocolated me. Skittles, Starburst, etc. Fake cherry flavor is terrible, but the others are great.
18. Almonds should be banished from the planet.
19. I have three cats. Sometimes I also think THEY should be banished from the planet.
20. I am still mad that they got David and Maddy together on Moonlighting and ruined their relationship.
21. I have a tendency to watch TV WAY after everyone else has seen it. See: currently watching (and loving) Doctor Who. I think we're in 2007-ish? Practically current. Sorta.
22. I like board games and card games, but T doesn't much like to play them and Simon is too little. Sadface.
23. My favorite number is 23.
24. I buy a new set of lunch boxes/lunch containment systems every year or so and can never find one that I like well enough to keep.
25. I just bought a retro-fit game system that is supposed to be able to play original NES games and I so hope it works. If it does I'll be hitting eBay HARD. Tiny Toon Adventures, here I come!
26. I have narcolepcy, which sometimes also comes with middle of the night insomnia which is just so unfair.
27. I also like numbers with sevens in them (I get this from my mom). My alarm is often set to a time with a seven (this morning: 5:07). I always set the microwave to a time with a seven in it. (47 seconds to melt butter for popcorn. 27 seconds to heat up vegetables for Simon.)